The primary mission for the Virtualization Engineer is to support Kinney Group's development and lab infrastructure that enables our customer projects. This role is responsible for supporting the tools including Vsphere 6.5x, VMware NSX, VSAN, VRA&VRO. There are ancillary tool sets such as VROPS / Log Insights / Active Directory and physical infrastructure such as a Dell Compute, NetApp Storage, 10GB switching and basic routing protocols that are also critical. Where necessary we also integrate with the cloud based Atlassian Development stack, Jira, BitBucket & AWS. The Virtualization Engineer will also be expected to support customer engagements where their skill set is valuable.
- Team Membership
- Collaborate effectively with the other Engineering team members
- Provide input to line management regarding personal development & training
- Function as a SME and provide assistance to other members of the team.
- Technology Expertise
- Understand the capabilities of the technologies for which they are a Subject Matter Expert
- Broad systems and technology expertise including demonstrable expertise in troubleshooting complex issues.
- Proven experience in managing change in a dynamic environment including the effective use of a ticketing system.
- Provide solution design and technical input for evolution of our support infrastructure.
- Ensure that company development and process standards are implemented in all internal systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to present to internal, and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities