The Senior Systems Engineer with a Project Management focus will design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems. The successful candidate is needed to provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems. This position requires delivering Project Management/Integration support to awarded tasks under the ITEMS DCS contract adhering to community standards for Project Management to support the delivery, testing, analysis and deployment of new capabilities while performing continuous status analysis and reporting to ensure a solid understanding of each project's transition status throughout the lifecycle. The candidate will also engage project stakeholders on a regular basis and work to deliver sound engineering solutions within the scope of the project.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
The Senior Systems Engineer responsibilities include:
Effectively communicate across the Program, with the client, stakeholders and with other contractors
Possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised or with a small team
Must be a team player and be willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success
Manage priorities across multiple projects
Able to work within tight schedule timelines while delivering high quality work products
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a cloud solutions integrator harnessing the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Automation is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced security, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.