The successful Senior Systems Administrator will manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. In this role, you will support important Federal missions to drive efficiency and productivity within a systems environment.
The shift for this opening is 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Shifts are worked on a 3on/4off, 4on/3off basis, with days of work being Sunday - Wednesday.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
2-5 years of directly related experience in a network/system administration related support role.