The successful Network Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks. In this role, you will support important Federal missions to drive efficiency and productivity within a data communications environment.
The Network Engineering responsibilities will include:
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.