Kinney Group teams support mission-critical needs for our customers. In this role, you will serve as part of an elite team of Engineers dedicated to excellence. We harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives and this role will serve as part of a team of Engineering professionals improving naval security at Crane Naval base in Oden, IN.
Position: Systems Administrator, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
Purpose: Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems through VDI infrastructure.
1. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems. (Linux, VMware, Windows)
2. Sets up administrator and service accounts. (Horizon View experience preferred)
3. Maintains system documentation and integrity.
4. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
5. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
6. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
7. May program in an administrative language. (Bash, Powershell experience preferred)
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. May consider certifications and years of experience in lieu of a technical degree.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Kinney Group is a cloud solutions integrator harnessing the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Automation is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced security, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.